When homeowners start noticing leaks, missing tiles, and other signs of excessive wear or tear on their roof, they may want to consider metal roofing installation as their next home improvement project. There are many little known benefits of this type of roofing compared to traditional options that make it attractive for all types of properties. Consider these facts when it’s time to repair your roof:
1) They come with impressive warranties. Some manufacturers give transferable warranties for up to 40 years after metal roofing installation. Workmanship and pricing guarantees are also available in some areas.
2) The materials come in just about every color and style available. No matter what style your home is, from Cape Cod to Victorian to Contemporary, you’ll be able to find an option that fits perfectly. Colors include traditional dark blues, greens, and black, plus there are a whole variety of other options. Likewise, there are shingles, shakes, panels, and tiles to choose from, just like with traditional materials.
3) They last for an impressively long amount of time. Industry experts boast that when you choose metal roofing installation it will be the last time you’ll ever have to have the roof on your home replaced. Testing shows that they last a minimum of 125 years, which is especially remarkable when you consider that it’s not uncommon for traditional shingles to need replacement within 10 years.
4) They can blend in or stand out. One of the things that is so great about this option for your home is that it can make a real statement and add tremendous visual appeal to the property. With all the colors and styles available, it can make your home look completely different than any other in the neighborhood, allowing you and your family to express your individuality in a unique and fun way. However, those who are just looking for solid performance without attracting any attention can choose a more subdued style and color that will blend in effortlessly
5) They are environmentally friendly. Their high level of energy efficiency has earned them the Energy Star Rating. Furthermore, certain styles are manufactured from as much as 96% recycled material. Green minded homeowners should be sure to check with the seller to ensure they choose a brand that boasts a high percentage of recycled content.
6) They increase home value. According to some reports, nearly 70% of the cost of metal roofing installation can be added on to a property’s value. It’s also a selling point for potential buyers since they know that they won’t have to worry about replacement any time soon, if ever, during their ownership of the home.